Silicom PX-Series PXG6 Server 6-port Gigabit adapter PXG6
Item Number: SIL-PXG6-NP-OE
Manufacturer's Part Number: PXG6
Silicom PX-Series Server 6-port Gigabit adapter / Card / NIC - PXG6 - New Pull
The Silicom PX-Series Server Gigabit adapters are 64-bit/133MHz PCI-X network interface cards that contain multiple / single independent Gigabit port/s on one PCI-X adapter.
Silicom PX-Series Server adapters are based on the fourth generation of Broadcom BCM57XX PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet controllers that feature industry leading performance for PCI-X server Adapters.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T:
• Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T).
• Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation.
• Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex.
• RJ-45 female connectors.
Common Key features:
• Host Interface standard support:
• PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
• PCI-X v1.0 32/64-bit, 66/100/133MHz
• High performance, reliability, and low power use in Broadcom 5704 dual integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip controller.
• Ultra deep, 64 KB packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization, avoids PCI-X congestion
• Dual high speed RISC processor per channel for advanced packet classification.
• Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation.
• Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
• Link Aggregation and Load Balancing:
• Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
• Switch and NIC Independent.
• Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding.
• Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging.
• Jumbo Frame (9KB).
• 802.x flow control.
• Boot ROM embedded or optional can be used for Boot ROM applications.
• PCI Power Management Interface. (v1.1)
• PCI Hot Plug. (IBM, Compaq, Dell, and Microsoft)
• Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
• LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status
The Silicom PXG6 has been verified by Sun to operate under Solaris 10 and Solaris 10 (64 Bit) operating systems.
PXG6: General Technical Specifications
PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
PCI-X v1.0 32/64-bit, 66/100/133MHz
||PCI add in card 175mm x 107mm (6.9”x4.2”) |
|PCI Card Type:
||+3.3V 64 bit Card|
||+3.3V 64 bit|
||+5V (Min 4.75V, Max, 5.25V)|
||180 gram (6.35 oz)|
||2.4A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s.|
1.3A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical No link at all ports.
||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
||FCC Part 15, Subpart B Class A |
CE EN 55022: 1998 Class A
CE EN 55024: 1998
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
CE EN 61000-3-2 2000
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
*According to Telcordia SR-332 Issue 1
Environmental condition – GB (Ground, Fixed, Controlled). Ambient temperature - 25C. Temperature rise of 10C above the system ambient temperature was assumed for the cards components.
PXG6: LED / Connector Specifications
(2) LEDs per port
Link: Turns on any Link speed (green).
Activity: Blinks on activity (green).
||LEDS are located in the RJ-45 connector|
||(6) Shielded RJ-45|
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T) Adapters:
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-T
Fast Ethernet, 100Base-TX
|Full duplex / Simplex
||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
||Auto-negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speeds and duplex 1000Mb/s.|
|Data Transfer Rate:
||1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port.|
2000Mbit/s 200 and 20 Mbit/s in full duplex mode per port.
|Cables and Operating distance:
||10Base-T Category 3, 4, or 5 maximum 50m * |
100Base-Tx Category 5 maximum 50m *
1000Base-T Category 5E maximum 50m *
*Theoretical Distance – Defined as half a distance as stated by the IEEE 802.3 standard
Operating Systems Support (all adapters):
Operating system support:
Windows98 / WindowsXP
SCO Open Server
UnixWare / OpenUnix 8
Click here to view the manufacturers item description/brochure