Silicom PEI-Series PEXG6I Server 6-port Gigabit adapterItem Number: SIL-PEXG6I-NP-OE
Manufacturer's Part Number: PEXG6I
|Silicom PEI-Series PEXG6I Server 6-port Gigabit adapter PCI Express - New Pull
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapters enable fault-tolerant via teaming. Traffic from the failed port is routed through other members of the team.
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Server adapters have an integrated hardware acceleration that performs TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation. The host processing offloads accelerators frees CPU for application processing.
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Server adapters are the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) Adapters :
• Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T).
• Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation.
• Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex.
• RJ-45 female connectors.
Common Key features
• Host Interface:
• Host Interface standard support.
• PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.0a.
• High performance, reliability, and low power use in advanced Intel integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip Controllers.
• Ultra deep, packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization, avoids PCI-Express congestion
• Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The Controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation.
• Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
• Link Aggregation and Load Balancing
Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
• Switch and NIC Independent.
• Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding.
• Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging.
• Jumbo Frame (16KB).
• 802.x flow control.
• Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
• LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status.
PEG6I: General Technical Specifications
PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.0a
||Standard height short add-in card 167.64mm X 111.18mm (6.60” X 4.377”)|
|PCI Express Card Type:
||X4 Lane |
||X4 Lane |
|PCI Express Voltage:
||+3.3V +-9%, |
+12V +- 8%
||140 gram (4.94 oz)|
||13.5W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.81 A at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s. |
8.5W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.40 at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
8W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.34 at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s
8W: 1.11 A at 3.3V and 0.35A at 12V, Typical No link at all ports
||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
||CE EN 55022: 1998 Class B Amendments A1: 2000; A2: 2003 |
CE EN 55024: 1998 Amendments A1: 2000; A2: 2003
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
CE EN 61000-3-2 2000, Class A
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3 1995, Amendment A1: 2001
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
PXG6: LED / Connector Specifications
(2) LEDs per port
Link: Turns on any Link speed (green).
Activity: Blinks on activity (green).
||LEDs are located on the PCB, visible via holes in the metal bracket holder|
||(6) Shielded RJ-45|
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T) Adapters:
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-T
Fast Ethernet, 100Base-TX
|Full duplex / Simplex
||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
||Auto-negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speeds and duplex 1000Mb/s.|
|Data Transfer Rate:
||1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port.|
2000Mbit/s 200 and 20 Mbit/s in full duplex mode per port.
|Cables and Operating distance:
||10Base-T Category 3, 4, or 5 maximum 50m * |
100Base-Tx Category 5 maximum 50m *
1000Base-T Category 5E maximum 50m *
*Theoretical Distance – Defined as half a distance as stated by the IEEE 802.3 standard
Operating Systems Support (all adapters):
Operating system support:
Windows98 / WindowsXP
SCO Open Server
UnixWare / OpenUnix 8
Click here to view the manufacturers item description/brochure