Silicom PEI-Series PEG6I Server 6-port Gigabit adapter
Item Number: SIL-PEG6I-NP-OE
Manufacturer's Part Number: PEG6I
|Silicom PEI-Series PEG6I Server 6-port Gigabit adapter PCI Express - New Pull
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Server adapters enable fault-tolerant via teaming. Traffic from the failed port is routed through other members of the team.
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Server adapters have an integrated hardware acceleration that performs TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation. The host processing offloads accelerators frees CPU for application processing.
Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Server adapters are the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) Adapters :
• Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T).
• Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation.
• Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex.
• RJ-45 female connectors.
Common Key features
• Host Interface:
• Host Interface standard support.
• PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.0a.
• High performance, reliability, and low power use in advanced Intel integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip Controllers.
• Ultra deep, packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization, avoids PCI-Express congestion
• Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The Controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation.
• Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
• Link Aggregation and Load Balancing
Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
• Switch and NIC Independent.
• Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding.
• Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging.
• Jumbo Frame (16KB).
• 802.x flow control.
• Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
• LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status.
The Silicom PEG6I has been verified by Sun to operate under Solaris 10 and Solaris 10 (64 Bit) operating systems.
The PEG6i is the updated version of the PEXG6i NIC.
PEG6I: General Technical Specifications
PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.0a
||Standard height short add-in card 167.64mm X 111.18mm (6.60” X 4.377”)|
|PCI Express Card Type:
||X8 Lane |
||X8 Lane |
|PCI Express Voltage:
||+3.3V +-9%, |
+12V +- 8%
||140 gram (4.94 oz)|
||13.5W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.81 A at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s. |
8.5W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.40 at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
8W: 1.12 A at 3.3V and 0.34 at 12V, Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s
8W: 1.11 A at 3.3V and 0.35A at 12V, Typical No link at all ports
||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
||CE EN 55022: 1998 Class B Amendments A1: 2000; A2: 2003 |
CE EN 55024: 1998 Amendments A1: 2000; A2: 2003
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
CE EN 61000-3-2 2000, Class A
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3 1995, Amendment A1: 2001
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
PXG6: LED / Connector Specifications
(2) LEDs per port
Link: Turns on any Link speed (green).
Activity: Blinks on activity (green).
||LEDs are located on the PCB, visible via holes in the metal bracket holder|
||(6) Shielded RJ-45|
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T) Adapters:
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-T
Fast Ethernet, 100Base-TX
|Full duplex / Simplex
||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
||Auto-negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speeds and duplex 1000Mb/s.|
|Data Transfer Rate:
||1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port.|
2000Mbit/s 200 and 20 Mbit/s in full duplex mode per port.
|Cables and Operating distance:
||10Base-T Category 3, 4, or 5 maximum 50m * |
100Base-Tx Category 5 maximum 50m *
1000Base-T Category 5E maximum 50m *
*Theoretical Distance – Defined as half a distance as stated by the IEEE 802.3 standard
Operating Systems Support (all adapters):
Operating system support:
Windows98 / WindowsXP
SCO Open Server
UnixWare / OpenUnix 8
Click here to view the manufacturers item description/brochure